Library 2.0

the future of libraries in the digital age

WELCOME TO LIBRARY 2.0

CALENDAR

Follow #Library20

About

Army libraries from Kansas to Korea and all points in between

Your Name and Title:
Nancy Faget, Federal Librarian (nancy.g.faget.civ@mail.mil)

Library, School, or Organization Name:

Co-Presenter Name(s): Trudie Root, Department of the Army librarian (trudie.a.root.civ@mail.mil)

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Washington DC

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s):govdocs librarians, students, job seekers, library schools

Short Session Description (one line): Army libraries (all types, all around the world) provide excellent and unusual services.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):
Can you imagine? Army libraries serve over 3 million users through their virtual reference service. As a librarian in the Army library program, you can work in a public or school library on an installation, in a scientific technical library in a laboratory, in a medical library in Germany, or a law library in the office of counsel. After all, the Federal Government is the largest employer in the U.S. Take part in our virtual tour of Army libraries all around the world and learn about the excellent services and unusual services provided by this vast network.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: Learn more at http://www.libraries.army.mil/

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nancy,

It's great to see you on here! I also submitted a proposal about creating a social media strategy to build your library brand. Eager to see your presentation! -Natalie 

You're exactly perfect for this type of conference, Natalie.  I look forwarding to learning from you about the social media branding, very topical and important.  After the conference, I hope I can add your slides to the Careers in Federal Libraries group.  Please post there about your presentation which sounds great for job seekers.  Nice to hear from you again!

Thanks Nancy! You're more than welcome to add my slides to the Careers in Federal Libraries group! My presentation is mainly geared towards helping libraries build their library brand, but it could definitely be adapted to building your own professional brand!

When is this tour happening, please? Betsy Aldridge

Hey there, Betsy!  Sorry for the delay in responding.  We're getting ready for the government shutdown which does look like it's happening.  The presentation is Friday, Oct 18 at 6 pm eastern. 

If you want to see the full calendar click here on the GMT time that corresponds to your time zone. http://www.library20.com/page/sessions-and-schedule

Is there anything in particular you would like us to include, to address in the presentation?  The Department of Army Libarian, Trudie Root, is presenting with me and she's a wealth of knowledge. 

Nancy

If anyone plans to attend ALA Midwinter in Philadelphia, try to visit us in the ALA Placement Center Sunday January 26, 2014.  There are tons of jobs for MLIS holders all around the world, and I would like to help folks find those jobs!  CIFL2008@gmail.com if you have any questions! 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service