the future of libraries in the digital age
Hello everyone! My name is Rakisha, and I am a lifelong Brooklynite, mom of two young teen daughters, a graduate of Pratt Institute, and a youth services librarian with a focus in young adult services & literature. My pronouns are Hers/Her/She, and I'm also currently a rep for our library's local union.
At my branch, I'm committed to the following:
1. to making teen section a welcoming space for all;
2. removing barriers to getting a library card and borrowing books;
3. making sure teens have access to honest, inclusive, and positive reproductive health and sex education;
4. combating library worker burnout and compassion fatigue;
5. improving intradepartmental communication and developing intradepartmental programs; and
6. encouraging civic engagement among tweens and teens.
I'm always looking for new ways to find share and find information to improve my librarianship skills.