The University Libraries (http://library.uncg.edu/) at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (http://www.uncg.edu/) is seeking to fill a vacant position for a Database Administrator.
The position will:
1. Architect and develop locally produced enterprise database solutions that are available to a global audience via the Internet
2. Administer local enterprise SQL Server database servers.
3. Maintain and upgrade locally produced enterprise database solutions that are available to a global audience via the Internet.
4. Consult with resource constituents to develop comprehensive, Web-based, database-driven enterprise applications. Enhance user access to Libraries and Libraries-hosted resources.
5. As a member of the Electronic Resources & Information Technology (ERIT) Development Team, the position's duties will include the maintenance and development of existing web applications, as well as the updating of programming and architecture of those applications as needed.
6. Under the supervision of the Digital Technology Consultant the emphasis of this position entails the maintenance, design, and architecture of enterprise database applications, as well as the ongoing administration of numerous Database Servers.
We prefer candidates who have:
1. Experience in working with the Microsoft development environment utilizing either ASP or ASP.NET including Visual Basic.
2. Familiarity with Internet Information Server 6 and a working knowledge of SQL Server 2000 or 2005.
3. Experience in building front-end web interfaces including coding XHTML web pages using CSS 2.
4. Experience working in an academic setting or library.
5. An advanced technical degree or certification related to the position.
You may apply for the position and get additional information by visiting UNCG's Human Resources web site at http://web.uncg.edu/hrs/employment/spa/ and selecting UNCG-Jobsearch for Applicants You may then search job postings either by position number (3225) or Vacant positions (Tech Support Analyst)