the future of libraries in the digital age
Position: Systems Librarian
Location: Washington, DC 20001
Duration: 1 year with 2 additional option years
The candidate shall have experience with the following:
• Proven Systems Librarian experience with SQL database management, or on similar systems (including maintaining back-ups, running systems administration utilities, creating and modifying reports, and customization and coding of the OPAC interface by performing in-house coding).
• Diagnosing and solving problems relating to the OPAC, cataloging and document indexing.
• Maintaining library electronic interfaces on the CFM website (SharePoint site)/intranet.
• Indexing, updating, and cataloging library contents in electronic format (including hypertext cataloging) to assure accuracy and proper display.
• Customizing the library's intranet presence using SharePoint or similar systems.
• Possessing familiarity with RFID systems and tagging.
• Creating and maintaining digital repositories and document control procedures.
• Compiling and distributing reports on the metrics/statistics for all of the library's services.
• Testing new media and library applications as necessary.
• Familiarity with/knowledge of information and documentation needs and processes of large-scale construction industry.
1. Specific requirements for the position include:
• At least three (3) years demonstrated experience supporting web technologies such as HTML, XML and CSS
• Ability to use the OCLC bibliographic utility and online authority files.
• Minimum three (3) years Software Application Experience: SQL Server 2008 Developer with knowledge of MS Access and Office
• Integration with SharePoint 2010, Microsoft .NET framework 3.5/4.0, C#.
• Up to date on current industry trends, third party integration, and open source tools with regard to database design, integration, data storage, analysis, security, and implementation.
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented, quick learner with a professional demeanor.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively.
2. Abilities Required:
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger,handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
• The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision
• BS/BA from an accredited U.S. college or university
• Computer Science or MS Library/Information Science preferred.
Contact : recruiting[at]beacongov[dot]com