The Library 2.012 conference strands are listed below.
STRAND 1: Libraries – Physical and Virtual Learning Spaces
Strand Tag: "2.012Libraries"
- Learning commons
- Community centers
- New literacies: digital literacy, visual literacy, media literacy, information literacy
- Serving distributed and distance users
- The library as a space versus the library as a service
- Gaming spaces
STRAND 2: Librarians & Information Professionals - Evolving Professional Roles in Today’s World
Strand Tag: "2.012Librarians"
- Library and Information professional careers in a networked and changing world
- Embedded librarians
- Applying library and information science skills in a non library environment
- Advocacy and building influence (professionally and institutionally)
- Library privatization
- Kinds of leadership skills needed in libraries in the 21st century
- Multilingual information management
- Retooling/continuing professional development
STRAND 3: Content & Creation - Organizing and Creating Information
Strand Tag: "2.012ContentCreation"
- Social organization of information
- Subject gateways, online catalogs, and portals
- Metadata: creation, storage, management, dissemination, harvesting and aggregating
- Library automation / management software / integrated library systems
- From information consumption to digital co-creation and production
- Digital copyright and licensing
- Open Source Software
- Digital curation
- Oral history
STRAND 4: Changing Delivery Methods
Strand Tag: "2.012Delivery"
- Social networking media for outreach and service promotion
- Changing roles of publishers
- Working with vendors in the digital age
- Measuring and assessing: determining the effectiveness of new service delivery methods
- Digital repositories
STRAND 5: User Centered Access
Strand Tag: "2.012Access"
- Participatory service
- Cultural diversity issues
- Multilingual populations/services
- Services for people with disabilities
- Conflicts between privacy and freedom of speech in a hyperlinked world
- Measuring and assessing access
- Search engines and search engine optimization
STRAND 6: Mobile and Geo-Social Information Environments
Strand Tag: "2.012Mobile"
- Location-based mobile social networks
- Mobile apps and delivery
- QR Codes
- Augmented reality
- Smart Objects