"Collection Protection: Preventing Thefts, Vandalism, Fires, and Other Large and Small Library Disasters"
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
When it comes to protecting important physical assets, there is a lot to worry about in the library environment. We tend to be driven by events, which is why we often don’t make necessary changes to security policies, procedures, and protocols until something happens--like damage, theft, or a fire. This webinar session is all about making sure library leaders and staffers are continuing to pay careful attention to not just the people side of the library (supporting our employees and serving our patrons) but also minding what is valuable, rare, expensive, and even irreplaceable. Steve will talk about helping to protect what needs to be protected.
- How and why security is all about awareness, vigilance, and access control.
- Protecting rare books, folios, art exhibits, collectibles, and other portable items.
- Being aware of pre-theft “casing” behaviors.
- Safely confronting actual or would-be thieves.
- Preventing thefts, with and without security officers in the library.
- Changing staff duties for special security issues.
- Fire prevention tips from a Fire Chief.
- The value of an Event Plan, for small and large-scale library events.
DATE: Thursday, December 30, 2021, at 2:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499.
- All-access annual passes include access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht's previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year.
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to email@example.com.