"Customer Service All-Staff Skills Refresher: Library Interactions and the Moments of Truth"
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
It’s time for a service skills refresher for all library employees. Every library organization is now dealing with budget cuts, staffing challenges, and more and different work than from 16 months ago. Patrons need and want good service, so how can we bring out our best work for them? This session helps all library employees understand critical service concepts like Moments of Truth, Service Blueprints, the Patron’s Customer Value Model, and Service Recovery. It features a discussion the Code of Quality Service, created by Dr. Karl Albrecht (yes, that’s Steve’s dad), which is a set of 10 behaviors that can help all library employees make their work easier, more fun, and more relevant to the service needs of the patrons.
- Understand how to make service excellence our daily goal.
- Discuss how our internal service relationships are just as important as our external patron relationships.
- Define Moments of Truth and their critical importance in providing good service.
- Use the Service Blueprint to correct service process errors.
- Understand how and when to use Service Recovery techniques.
- Know your three Service Roles as a library employee and a library leader.
- Know how to deal with challenging patrons, using the GREAT and LAST service tools.
- Prevent job burnout and service apathy.
- Define the Customer Value Model from the library patron’s perspective.
- Use the 10 behaviors in the Code of Quality Service.
DATE: Friday, May 21st, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
SPECIAL PRICE: $49/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES:
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $45 each for 3+ registrations, $40 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $199.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499.
- Email email@example.com to arrange.
- All-access annual passes include access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht's previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year.
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.