Deaf Chats at the Library

At the local Panera Bread and Starbucks in our area there are socials on a bi-weekly basis. It is a way for people to get out, have a bite to eat and meet new people - some of them are Hard of Hearing and both sign and speak, but the majority are Deaf.The Hudson Regional Library is located in the far north part of our county, and that Panera Bread I mentioned is about 10 miles south of here. That's a long, and costly ride these days.So, I am working on hosting a Deaf Chat at my library. I'd love for it to become a recurring event. I'll provide some snacks and refreshments and even some games like jenga or monopoly. I know some sign language but will have an interpreter join me for the first few sessions so that I can not only adequately welcome my patrons but also to question them about what sort of programs they would like to see at the library.Feel free to send suggestions or comments my way on how I can improve this event or even feel free to contact me if you would like help creating a program like this at your library!

You need to be a member of Library 2.0 to add comments!

Join Library 2.0

Email me when people reply –