Music & Kids

So far, in my short time, I have done two programs dealing with music that has gone off quite well.NAME THAT TUNE: As part of the Summer Reading Program, I made a jeopardy style game for the kids. I made up 6 categories (Finish The Lyrics, Hannah Montana, TV Theme Songs, Movie Theme Songs, Cartoon Theme Songs, & Radio Disney Hits) with 5 "point totals". I seperated all the kids out into 3 or more teams (depending on the amount of kids), and had each team take a turn picking a category and point total. At the end, the winning team was entered into a drawing to receive a $15 iTunes card to download hits of their own. All the parents and kids loved the program, and each time I have done the program has run a good solid hour.MYSTERIOUS DANCE PARTY: Though I won't take credit for this program, I was honored to be a part of it. 2 branches in our system wanted to have a dance party for their teens for their Summer Reading Program. I played DJ, hosting somewhat of an "All Request" night. I'd have a pad of legal paper on my table where the teens could come up, write down the song, and hear it play a bit later. That is a good way to make sure you play all different types of music genres for the crowd you have. Thanks to my trust Rhapsody account (a personal account that I pay for), I was able to find clean copies of all the requested music, and play them with no worries.I have another big program in the works that I haven't gotten much of the details down in stone yet, but if its set early enough, I can share a bit more. Would love to hear how everyone else uses music to boost their programs!

You need to be a member of Library 2.0 to add comments!

Join Library 2.0

Email me when people reply –