The conference strands are listed below. Each strand has a link for you to click through and see all the conference proposals that have been made for that strand. We encourage you to comment and/or "like" the proposals, as well as to reach out directly to presenters who share interests with you.
To see all pending or waitlisted proposals click here. Accepted proposals are being listed here as we go through the acceptance process. Those who have submitted proposals should be sure to join the conference speakers groupfor notifications specific to presenters.
STRAND 1: "Libraries" - The Roles of Libraries in Today’s World
Strand Tag: "2.011Libraries"
- Libraries as community centers
- Libraries as learning commons
- Serving distributed and distance users
- The library as a space versus the library as a service
- Library privatization issues
STRAND 2: "Librarians & Information Professionals" - Evolving Professional Roles in Today’s World
Strand Tag: "2.011Librarians"
- Librarians as Leaders
- Library and Information Professional Careers in a Networked and Changing World
- Embedded librarians
- Applying library and information science skills in a variety of venues
- Advocacy and building influence (professionally and institutionally)
STRAND 3: "Information Organization"
Strand Tag: "2.011Information"
- Social organization of information
- Subject gateways, online catalogs, and portals
- Metadata: creation, storage, management, dissemination, harvesting and aggregating
- Library automation / management software / integrated library systems
STRAND 4: "Access & Delivery"
Strand Tag: "2.011AccessDelivery"
- Digital media and the e-book revolution
- Social networking use (social networking media for outreach and service promotion, location-based mobile social networks, etc.)
- Emerging technology use (augmented reality, QR codes, mobile apps and delivery, etc.)
- The changing roles of publishers
- Working with vendors in the digital age
- Conflicts between privacy and freedom of speech in a hyperlinked world
- Measuring and assessing: determining the effectiveness of access and service delivery
STRAND 5: "Learning" - Digital Age Learning Cultures
Strand Tag: "2.011Learning"
- New learning models and the role of the librarian and information professional
- The growth of individualized and self-paced learning
- Multiliteracies : digital literacy, visual literacy, media literacy, information literacy
STRAND 6: "Content & Creation" - Changes in Accessing and Organizing Information
Strand Tag: "2.011ContentCreation"
- From Information Consumption to Co-creation and Production
- Digital copyright and licensing
- Open educational resources
- Open Source Software
- Multimedia creation and gaming spaces