A 60-minute webinar with Q&A, part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht, held live (and recorded) on Friday, August 28th, 2020, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
If you purchased this webinar and are looking for the recording, click here.
"Your Library and the Police: Time for a New Relationship," a one-hour webinar presented by Library 2.0 and Dr. Steve Albrecht.
In these times of Covid and national protests, the relationship between the police and the citizens they are sworn to protect is under scrutiny. This webinar session is all about examining the interactions and response your local police department or sheriff's department has with your library and its branches. It's time to talk about what's working, what needs to stop, what needs improvement, and what library leaders can do to protect their staff and their patrons with security solutions that don't necessarily need to involve the police.
- Typical police responses to library safety and security issues: What needs to change or stay the same?
- Understanding the police culture: Why do they do what they do?
- Police dreams and nightmares: They regularly dream of tactical failure, even after they retire.
- Working with police leadership for better service.
- Getting service, safety, and security help from uniformed guard companies: Best practices for security officer interactions, posted orders, and the need to make changes.
- Community resources for patrons with mental health issues: Social workers, psychiatric nurses, psychology students and interns, PERT and HOT teams.
- Solutions for patrons experiencing homelessness beyond just calling the police.
- Help with student behavioral problems: District support, student senate members, teen teams, parents and volunteers.
- Volunteer programs using retired professionals, for help with challenging partons.
COST: $99/person - includes access to the recording, presentation slides, and the attendee discussion forum. For group discounts, to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly.
You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an individual annual all-access pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live and recorded webinars for one year, please click here.
Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to email@example.com.