"Post-Pandemic Staff Development and Training: How Can We Best Support It?"
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht & Maurice Coleman
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by library consultant and "T is for Training" podcast host Maurice Coleman.
March 2020 started the longest fifteen months imaginable. The pandemic forced a new way of thinking about and delivering library services, and it has forced libraries of all sizes and types to adapt to new ways to care for our staff and the public. By closing our physical spaces, it actually freed up staff time. Many of us rolled out ad hoc training programs to keep staff occupied and engaged while library facilities were closed to the public. This happened in every library from the small rural library to larger city and county library systems.
Now that we are coming out of the pandemic, we are in a changing world and your own library likely reflects those changes--maybe you have a relaxed dress code, or increased liberal leave, or relaxed fine policies. What we now also need is a real post-pandemic training plan. Haphazard training programs worked during the pandemic because we were all working without a safety net in uncharted waters. Now that we have emerged on the other side, how do we support learning in the post-pandemic library?
This webinar will show you how to create and support smart staff development programs as if your library depends on them--which it does! Also, the program will share some common mistakes made when developing training programs so you can avoid them.
Learn how to create scalable and successful training and staff development programs.
Find out what library senior management and directors should do to support training and staff development programs.
How to avoid common training and development pitfalls.
How staff development and training is succession planning.
Discover the Tightwad Library Director’s guide to training and staff development resources.
DATE: Friday, July 30th, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email email@example.com to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $999.
- All-access annual passes include access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht's previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year.
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.