"Service Leadership for Librarians: Six Strategies for Success"
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and Dr. Steve Albrecht (board certified by the Society for Human Resource Management).
This webinar demonstrates the six core themes of true Service Leadership: Vision and Values; Direction; Persuasion; Support; Development; and Appreciation. Dr. Steve Albrecht will talk about how to take these abstract leadership concepts and operationalize them into concrete approaches, so you can apply them with the people you lead or support in your library.
- Defining Service Leadership and the six core themes.
- Vision and Values: Can you communicate your strategic plan to your team?
- Direction: Can you set realistic project goals and timelines for your staff?
- Persuasion: Can you convince people above or below you to follow your ideas?
- Support: Are you a micromanager, a missing manager, or a hybrid manager?
- Development: Do you create opportunities for your staff to grow in their jobs or promote?
- Appreciation: Do you use praise, rewards, and ceremonies for your employees?
DATE: Friday, March 12th, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. (Was postponed from January because Dr. Albrecht suffered from a detached retina.) The new date will be available shortly. Recorded for viewing at any time.
COST: $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides. For significant group discounts, to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly.