"Ten Security Myths That Every Librarian Needs to Know Are Wrong - and Exactly Why"
Part of the Library 2.0 "Essential Librarian" Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
This overview session is another in our “Essential Librarian Series,” for all library staff and library leaders to consider certain security situations as being possibly not true in their facility. A discussion guide, as well as the presentation slides, will be available to all who participate.
Ten Library Security Myths - making sure we question what we think we already know. Ten Library Security Myths - making sure we question what we think we already know. We'll discuss these commonly accepted (and often rationalized myths) and why it is important to know the truth of each.
- Cameras don't stop crime.
- You just can't control noisy or disruptive teens.
- Women aren't violent.
- Patrons don't often bring guns or knives into the library.
- The police won't do an occasional walkthrough in the library.
- We don't need to practice a Run-Hide-Fight drill; people will know what to do.
- You should never lock the library down from the inside.
- Burglar alarms don't stop burglaries.
- Fire Marshals are responsible for our fire inspections.
- Book alarms don't stop material thefts.
DATE: Thursday, May 26th, 2022, at 3:00 pm US - Eastern Time
- $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and to receive a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly. You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com. NOTE: please check your spam folder if you don't receive your confirmation email right away.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2.0 or in Niche Academy).
- All-access annual passes include access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht's previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year. These are hosted either at Library 2.0 or Niche Academy (if preferred).
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to email@example.com.