"The Safe Library: Lessons (I’ve Learned) in Keeping Staff and Patrons Better Protected" [Training Special]
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 90-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and Dr. Steve Albrecht.
This webinar covers what Steve has learned in the 20 years he has been a library security consultant and what has changed, become better, or gotten worse since the publication of his Library Security book five years ago.
- What They Don’t Teach You in Library School
- Lessons I’ve Learned in 20 Years as a Library Security Consultant and Trainer
- Patrons Harassing Staff: A Shadow Issue
- 20 Challenging Patrons
- Responding to Mentally Ill Patrons
- Serving Patrons Experiencing Homelessness
- Managing Substance Abusing Patrons
- An Active Shooter at the Library
- The New Police Response Model for Your Library
- Working Safely in a Rural Library Location
- Training Your Library Staff on Security: Start With a Survey
- An Updated Facility Plan (Starts with a Security Assessment)
- Running Large-Group Library Events Safely
- Security, Safety, and Service Q&A with Steve
- Subject Quizzes!
- Your Final Exam
DATE: Friday, November 20, 2020, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Recorded for viewing at any time.
COST: $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides. For significant group discounts, to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly.
You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an individual annual all-access pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live and recorded webinars for one year, please click here.
Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to email@example.com.