"The Safe Library: Lessons (I’ve Learned) in Keeping Staff and Patrons Better Protected" [Training Special]
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 90-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and Dr. Steve Albrecht.
This webinar covers what Steve has learned in the 20 years he has been a library security consultant and what has changed, become better, or gotten worse since the publication of his Library Security book five years ago.
- What They Don’t Teach You in Library School
- Lessons I’ve Learned in 20 Years as a Library Security Consultant and Trainer
- Patrons Harassing Staff: A Shadow Issue
- 20 Challenging Patrons
- Responding to Mentally Ill Patrons
- Serving Patrons Experiencing Homelessness
- Managing Substance Abusing Patrons
- An Active Shooter at the Library
- The New Police Response Model for Your Library
- Working Safely in a Rural Library Location
- Training Your Library Staff on Security: Start With a Survey
- An Updated Facility Plan (Starts with a Security Assessment)
- Running Large-Group Library Events Safely
- Security, Safety, and Service Q&A with Steve
- Subject Quizzes!
- Your Final Exam
DATE: Friday, November 20, 2020, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Recorded for viewing at any time.
COST: $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides. For significant group discounts, to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly.