"Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the Library: Expectations and Awareness”
Part of a special Library 2.0 series - featuring Dr. Karla Rhay and hosted by Dr. Steve Albrecht
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 featuring presented by Dr. Karla Rhay, CEO of the Karla Rhay Group, and hosted by Dr. Steve Albrecht (board certified by the Society for Human Resource Management).
To help library administrators, managers, supervisors, and employees at all levels understand Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), Library 2.0 has asked Dr. Karla Rhay, CEO of the Karla Rhay Group to present a one-hour webinar. Here’s what this important program will cover:
Part 1 - Opening remarks about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI):
- Why we are discussing, purpose, intent, benefits of DEI.
- Embracing diversity at the library.
- Reasons, blameless and non-faulting, so that people are further enlightened.
- Understanding the broader community.
- Inclusiveness, patrons being from all walks of life, as well as with co-workers.
Part 2 - Exploring perceived differences:
- Earnest treatment of others.
- Breaking through unconscious bias.
- Awareness of individual biases, attitudes, and beliefs, particularly when they concern stereotypes and prejudices.
- Serving special populations in the library.
- People with special needs, disabilities, mental health and underrepresented populations – social, economic, homeless, etc.
Part 3 - Truths from working in a service industry:
- From entitled to challenging behaviors, tools to de-escalate situations.
- Diversity is a fundamental value.
- Establishment of core values and beliefs where we value the richness of our backgrounds, perspectives, and styles.
- Promoting services for all.
- What it means to work in a service, high-touch industry.
Part 4 - Health, well-being, and compassion:
- Delivery mechanisms and expectations.
- Risk factors of compassion fatigue.
- Preserving their capacity for empathy, awareness of what causes compassion fatigue.
- Community outreach.
- Disenfranchised communities may not always walk through the door, reaching those populations.
Part 5 - Closing remarks:
- Incorporating the points discussed, the library’s commitment to DEI, and benefits of take-aways.
DATE: Friday, February 26th, 2021, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
COST: $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides. For significant group discounts, to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly.
You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an individual annual all-access pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live and recorded webinars for one year, please click here.
Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to email@example.com.