"Performance Evaluations: A Skill-Building Refresher for Library Leaders"
Part of a special Library 2.0 series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
RECORDING & SLIDE DECK: if you have already purchased the program, make sure you are logged into Library 2.0, then click here. If you have any trouble accessing the recording, please email email@example.com.
A 60-minute training webinar presented by Library 2.0 and Dr. Steve Albrecht.
The language we use as library leaders matters. This is important in our coaching conversations and in the way we handle both the Performance Evaluation (PE) documentation and the subsequent conversation. The PE is a legal, historical, trackable document that has power and consequences. It can help you and other leaders make effective and fair promotion decisions, identify skill or training gaps, initiate discipline, and create a path for your employees to improve their work performance and work behavior.
This webinar is for all current library directors, department heads, managers, supervisors, or any future leader who wants to know more about how to make PEs work for the benefit of the organization, the leader, and the employee.
In this 60-minute webinar, Dr. Steve Albrecht (board certified by the Society for Human Resource Management) will discuss the best ways for library leaders to:
- Fine-tune the steps in the PE process, from the preparation of the documentation to the conversation;
- Have the necessary coaching conversations that help you craft a solid PE;
- Avoid using label-based language instead of behavior-based language to get better results after the PE meeting;
- Handle the wide range of employee reactions or emotions during a PE meeting;
- Think about your legacy as a leader and how PEs serve your library after you have promoted, left, or retired;
- Protect yourself from claims about bias, being unfair, discriminatory, retaliatory, or overly judgmental;
- Avoid common PE traps like the Halo Effect, the Middle Grade, Fuzzy Language, and Punishment Phrases;
- Change the thinking about PEs from being an annual process to a useful supervisory tool.
DATE: Friday, December 11th, 2020, at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Recorded for viewing at any time.
COST: $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides. For significant group discounts, to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO REGISTER: Click HERE. You will first need to be a member of Library 2.0 (free) and be logged in. Please click "Sign Up" on the top right and we'll approve you quickly.
You can pay by PayPal or credit card, and will receive immediate and permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
For an individual annual all-access pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live and recorded webinars for one year, please click here.
Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.