"DEI + Belonging for Library Leaders and Staffers:
Fostering Welcoming and Inclusive Environments"
Part of the Library 2.0 Service, Safety, and Security Series with special guest Tiffany Castagno and organized by Dr. Steve Albrecht
This webinar will explore cultivating an environment of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB), and the benefits of balancing empathy and assertiveness while listening to and understanding the needs of colleagues and the community. We will explore what’s next in the DEIB library space, what to consider, and how you can personally help move things forward in a positive direction in the library environment.
There is a special importance to the role of librarians in fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for each other and for patrons. Knowing the right tools to communicate for impact will build your confidence in having even challenging conversations, and there will be moments of choice where you can be an ally or an advocate for underrepresented groups as you support your patrons and communities.
This 60-minute training webinar is presented by Library 2.0 and presented by Tiffany Castagno, CEO & Founder of CEPHR, LLC. A handout copy of the presentation slides will be available to all participants.
- Explore and understand the biases and barriers that often prevent real conversations.
- Gain specific strategies for moments of conflict.
- Learn how you can be an ally or an advocate for underrepresented groups by supporting patrons, colleagues, and communities.
- Discover DEIB tools to communicate for impact (including the difference between coaching and feedback).
- More tools, trends, and tips on what’s next for DEIB and managing within diverse communities.
DATE: Thursday, September 28th, 2023, at 2:00 pm US - Eastern Time
- $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and receiving a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
Click above to register and pay. You can pay by credit card, and will receive an email within a day with information on how to attend the webinar live and how you access the permanent webinar recording. If you are paying for someone else to attend, you'll be prompted to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email address of the actual attendee.
If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced or pay by check, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: please check your spam folder if you don't receive your confirmation email within a day.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations. Unlimited and non-expiring access for those log-ins.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2.0 or in Niche Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring access for those log-ins.
- All-access annual passes include unlimited access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht's previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year. These are hosted either at Library 2.0 or Niche Academy (if preferred).
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to email@example.com.
Tiffany Castagno is CEO & Founder of CEPHR, LLC, a Human Resources Consulting Firm based in Pittsburgh, PA that supports Small to Mid-sized Businesses to build strong infrastructures, Employer Brands, and Cultures. She is passionate about creating equitable workplaces and Communities.
Tiffany is the co-author of a Children’s Book, Can a Zebra Change Its Stripes? which teaches children about embracing difference and uncovers the importance of acceptance and what it means to make diversity our strength.
Tiffany was recently presented with a Jefferson Award for her Volunteerism, Leadership, and Service to Community.