• Sign Up
  • Sign In

library30 Library 2.0 Logo

  • HOME
  • JOIN (FREE)
  • CONFERENCES
  • PROGRAMS
    • The Safe Library
    • Artificial Intelligence
    • Wellness
    • Everyday Librarian
  • RECORDINGS
    • Free Webinar Recordings
    • Purchase Recordings
    • All About AI
  • ALL ACCESS
    • Purchase All-Access Pass
  • SERVICES
    • Coaching
    • Leadership
  • MORE
    • Email & Profile Sett
    • Encyclopedia of AI
    • About
    • Steve Hargadon
    • Certificates
    • Email Preferences
    • My Page
    • Members
    • Groups

Monica Porter

    0
    • Activity Feed
    • Photos
    • Videos
    • Blog Posts
    • Discussions
    • Events
    • About
    Loading ...
    Monica Porter is now a member of Library 2.0
    Welcome Them!
    Aug 6
    More…
    Loading ...

    Location

    Ypsilanti, MI


    Are you a

    Librarian


    Name of Your Library (if applicable):

    Ypilanti District Library


    Library Website:

    https://www.ypsilibrary.org/


    About Me:

    I am the Head Librarian of Outreach Services, and I manage the Bookmobile. I have been in the library profession for over 36 years. I started at Detroit Public Library, then the University of Michigan Libraries, and now Ypsilanti District Library. I have been a library clerk, an Information Access Services Supervisor, a Community Engagement Librarian at U of M, and now a Head Librarian of Outreach Services. I earned my MLIS at the age of 50 in 2017. I manage a team of 5 and one of our goals is to break barriers by meeting people where they are with the Bookmobile. We go to public schools, summer camps, large events such as Juneteenth and Ypsi Pride, in addition to ther community events. We make sure to advocate for the voices that are not heard and the community that is not seen.


    Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

    © 2026 Library 2.0   Powered by Website builder | Create website | Ning.com