"Porn and Patrons in the Library: What to Do About a Vexing Issue"
Part of the Library 2.0 Series with Dr. Steve Albrecht
Male patrons watching pornographic videos or looking at photos--it may be a small problem in your library or it may be a big problem, but either way, it’s a concern that needs addressing. Let’s talk about how you can address it, safely, discreetly, and legally.
This 60-minute training webinar is presented by Library 2.0 and hosted by ALA author and library service, safety, and security expert, Dr. Steve Albrecht.
- Why do men watch porn in the library? (A serious inquiry.)
- To filter or not to filter, that is the question.
- Porn on the patrons’ devices versus ours?
- Handling patron complaints.
- Keeping minors away from porn exposures.
- How can our technology help us?
- The real problem of escalating sexual behavior for library porn watchers.
- Best practices for safe staff interventions.
- When does porn watching become a police issue?
- Help from your local ICAC task force.
DATE: Friday, July 15, 2022, at 2:00 pm US - Eastern Time
- $99/person - includes any-time access to the recording and the presentation slides and receiving a participation certificate. To arrange group discounts (see below), to submit a purchase order, or for any registration difficulties or questions, email email@example.com.
- FREE for those on individual or group all-access passes (see below).
Click above to pay. You can pay by credit card, and will receive an email within a day with information on how to attend the webinar live and then your permanent access to the webinar recording. If you have any trouble registering for a webinar, if you need to be invoiced, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: please check your spam folder if you don't receive your confirmation email right away.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES (email email@example.com to arrange):
- Multiple individual log-ins and access from the same organization paid together: $75 each for 3+ registrations, $65 each for 5+ registrations. Unlimited and non-expiring access for those log-ins.
- The ability to show the webinar (live or recorded) to a group located in the same physical location or in the same virtual meeting from one log-in: $299.
- Large-scale institutional access for viewing with individual login capability: $499 (hosted either at Library 2.0 or in Niche Academy). Unlimited and non-expiring access for those log-ins.
- All-access annual passes include unlimited access to the recordings of all of Dr. Albrecht's previous Library 2.0 webinars, plus live and recorded access to his new webinars for one year. These are hosted either at Library 2.0 or Niche Academy (if preferred).
- For a $499 individual all-access annual pass to all of Dr. Albrecht's live webinars and recordings for one year, please click here.
- Inquiries for all-access organizational contracts should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.