This is the discussion and email group for conference presenters. You must join this group as part of submitting a proposal, as important communication with presenters will be sent to this group's members.
Instructions for Presenters:
- Download a copy of the Library 2.015 conference slides (PPT or JPEG)
- Add your name and session title to the title slide (Slide 2)
- Copy and paste your slide presentation in the placeholder on Slide 6. You can delete slide 6 after completing this step.
- Save file for upload on day of conference
Here are some notes that you will want to keep handy during the event:
- Training information for you is here. You are responsible for learning to use the Blackboard Collaborate platform.
- Timing of your presentation session(s) is listed on the schedule page for your time zone. Please double check to make sure you know when you are going to present.
- IMPORTANT: The private page that lists the presenter/moderator links for each individual session is http://www.library20.com/page/presenter-and-moderator-room-links. This is where you will find the link to enter your session room with the correct privileges. This page is just for presenters and moderators, so please do not share it.
- Enter your presentation room at least 30 minutes before your session begins to check your microphone and sound, to upload any presentation slides, and to welcome attendees.
- If you need some help before your session, the volunteer lounge will be open during the conference and we will be glad to help you. The link to the room is http://thevolunteerlounge.me.
- We will work hard to try and have a volunteer moderator for each session, and at the very least one of the volunteer supervisors will come in and check you you before your session. If for some reason you do not have a volunteer moderator in your session and you experience any difficulty, you can come into the volunteer lounge room and ask for help.
- We would really appreciate it if you could help to moderate some sessions when you are not presenting! It makes a huge difference to a presenter to have someone else there. You can sign up for volunteer time slots during the conference here, or just show up in the lounge and let us know you are available. We could really use as much help as you can give--so don't be shy about helping for multiple sessions!
- Consider the audience that attends your session as a "studio audience." Because we have multiple sessions in each hour time slot, many who will want to attend your session will have to watch the recording--so remember that your "studio" attendance only represents a portion of those who will watch and benefit from your presentation.
- Please continue to let people know about this free conference! You can find promotional materials here.
Hi,I see that the video I embedded in my presentation isn't working when I go into Collaborate. I can share my desktop but when I was a SJSU student, I had very bad luck with sharing my desktop. I was wondering if there was a way for someone to meet me in a practice room to tell me if/that my desktop sharing is working ok and they can see and hear the video?Thanks,DonnaRead more…
Emerging mobile e-reader technologies for school library services provision : junction, support and breadth in their adoption
Background to the topic The use of networked mobile gargets by students in Zimbabwean schools and other parts of the world is heavily disputed. 21St century is the era that has being bombarded with technology that is envisaged as the most powerful means of communication where Information can be obtained rapidly and instantaneously. Davis (2012) posits that mobile phone in Africa is now outpacking that of Latin America , making Africa the second-largest mobile –phone market in the world…Read more…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.